Spending the last few days in Manchester before going back to London. I've mainly been locked inside, working on my dissertation. In between that I've been doing the usual - going for walks in the hills and practicing cooking big meals.
- "On your own Tumblr, you get to be a taste tyrant; each new post supports the fantasy that you can dictate the rules of style for yourself by fiat, beyond the encroachment of cultural-capital anxieties."
- Natalie Bradbury has written on the experience of cycling up and down the notorious A6 between Stockport and Manchester. "Precarious Passages act as poetic call and responses between two writers, reflecting on the everyday lived experiences of our times and our cities."
- Corita Kent, the Pop Artist Nun
- "Men are ruining music publications, men are ruining record labels, men are ruining music videos, men are ruining flyer art. I don't want teenagers to support shitty men."
- Bernard + Edith - Heartache
- "Dennis Hopper was rarely without his camera. But the maniacal Hollywood outlaw capable of blowing himself up with dynamite (on purpose) and firing a machine gun at the walls of his house in his drug-fueled days, was by contrast a graceful and subtle photographer."
- "A Row of Bones became a naturally evolving piece of work and a portrait of Ukraine during rising political tensions, the peak of revolution and the descent into war."
- A discussion on the film Concerning Violence, and Franz Fanon's writings & ideas
- "You can't be friends with a squirrel – a squirrel is just a rat with a cuter outfit"