Made the most of the sunny Sunday and visited the William Morris Gallery in Walthamstow and made summer plans with friends. Today I’m back in the library working on the dissertation, and hoping that the rain stops soon
I spent the last few months working on a film score, then I got fired. No hard feelings
- Shout out to the ICA. In this article Sumitra Upham talks to Selectism about the upcoming show on pirate radio stations</a>, something I’m getting more and more interested in.
- Pirate Radio to Pirate Balloons,
It really was a golden age—there were so many balloons in the Brazilian sky back then. Sometimes we wouldn't sleep, we'd just light a campfire and stare at the stars and the balloons.
- In his latest project Tempo Polveroso (Pulverised Time), Belgian photographer Frederik Vercruysse captures the splendour of the noble material with a series of otherworldly photographs of marble quarries and hazy Tuscan sunsets.
- US-based artist Noritaka Minami presents images from his three-year photographic investigation into Tokyo’s Nakagin capsule tower.
- Isometric Food
We share our cities with pigeons, passing them on the street every day, and now they litter our newsfeeds too, but an alarming lack of study has treated these big questions: what cultural role does the pigeon play, and what unconscious structures and ideologies control our responses to pigeons?
- NEw alGOriTHm USed To RemastEr seInfEld epIsoDeS iN hD
We'’'re all hallucinating, in a landscape that has become more surreal and more authoritaruan in equal measure. The physical landscape has become infantilised, we are spoken to in baby voices by cereal packets and drinks cartons and are subjected to the ubiquitous sight of cartoon characters looming down from billboards offering us energy tariffs and payday loans.</a> And yet life in this country has never seemed more coercive. More consumer choices than ever before,
have it your way, but always within the narrowest set of parameters,,the moment you step out of line and express your anger the weight of the law comes crashing down, four years for nicking a bottle of water, the 2011 riots loom large in the suburban pysche.