I went to the Cup North coffee festival over the weekend and picked up a Workshop Gitesi and a Horsham Ethiopia Yirgacheffe Gutiti. These powered me through today as I tidied up my bedroom for the first time in 15 years.
That art stuff of his? It’s not stuff; it’s shit.
But it’s art shit. I think it might be worth something. It’s the art world. They have no rules. They can turn a piece of air into a million dollars if they want to.
- Kristine Wathne photographs men whose collections border fashion, archives, and fetishism.
- My room was being repainted, so I had the opportunity to remove everything apart from the bed frame and then decide what exactly would be going back into the room. It’s far preferable to trying to remove things one by one. I had previously heard of the KonMari method clothes, so I decided I’d something similar myself.
- ShowStudio have a series on the North</a>, featuring fav photographers Jamie Hawkesworth and Adam Murray.
- The Skyliner’s Alternative Guides to Manchester are well worth reading, even if you think you know the city well. They’ve just published part 3, with part 4 on its way.
- Four Tet and Giles Peterson
I get pissed off about people in power talking so condescendingly about issues they don’t understand. All of these dickheads are on the other side of the river too
Let’s accept that magazines will close, that no magazine has a right to exist and that the loss of some will be offset by the creation of others. In fact let’s go further. Maybe some magazines that are starting to wane could be killed off by their makers.